Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen, Stewie Griffin!

WOW.

Ok, it's been quite the while since I've last made a post. In my defense, I've been kind of busy.

Though, I think Sweet Brown puts it much more eloquently:
Ain't nobody...

...I couldn't resist :D

I'm hoping this project will make up for the delay though! I promise I didn't just abandon you guys. I've been hard at work behind the scenes... and only procrastinating a little...

I made Stewie as a birthday/ graduation gift for one of my friends. I figured this would be an appropriate choice, as she loves Family Guy.

Overall, the project wasn't too difficult. His head is sort of oddly shaped... but, if you just start off making a sort of rounded cone, and then do the mirror image of what you did once you hit the middle of his head, it's easy.





















I've had a lot of people ask me how I make the projects I've done. And I know people won't believe me when I say this, but it's really not that difficult. Once you've learned the basics it's just about applying them. I'm actually thinking of making a few "basic shapes" videos on Youtube, so keep an eye out for that and I'll keep you guys posted on that project's progress.

 Annnnyways...

The only issue (and there is always an issue) that cropped up with this project was with the eyes. Normally I like to use felt for sharp features that need definition (like eyes). BUT, in this case, I realized that a Stewie without eyelids was a creepy Stewie indeed:

 

Actually, Stewie creeped me out a couple of times during this project


And since I didn't have felt in his skin tone, I had to crochet his eyelids. This left the question of whether or not the eye itself should be crocheted. And, as with most of these sorts of questions, it was best answered with a little compare and contrast.


After a lot of deliberating, and advice from a friend, I actually decided I preferred the crochet version over the felt, for once.

And Voila. Stewie, lord high lord of the yarn balls (I've been playing Ni no Kuni).


 I'd just like to note that the smug expression on his face wasn't even planned; it just sort of happened.



 And, yeah. I'll be updating more frequently now.

So take care guys, and I'll talk to you later!

Hamallie
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment