I've missed crocheting! I've been picking up and putting back down a whole bunch of projects, so I'll hopefully be able to put up another post (or, dare I say it, two?) before I go back to school.
If I do post, it'll probably be a crocheted Sherlock because OMFGDSDHFGIJA, if any of you follow BBC's Sherlock or Dr. Who, you know Moffat wouldn't give us such a nice episode 2 if he wasn't going to drop a major bomb on us for the finale.
She belongs to one of my closest friends, and is probably the coolest dog ever. I basically visit my friend so that I can see Stella... just kidding (not really... She's just probably reading this post).
I'm counting this project as unfinished because I didn't finish the details on the muzzle or the eyes. This was an interesting project because it was the first time I've ever crocheted something from real life, instead of some sort of character.
It was a pretty basic project most of the time. You start out with a rounded cylinder for the body, and four cones for the paws.
Stitch them together
Everything's going fine. I made a sphere for the head...
And thenn... I realized Stella's head wasn't so much circular as it was a sort of rounded cone. So I took it apart and figured I'd just start with a cone and see what happens from there. Once I reached the right length for the muzzle, I put in half-way markers (the piece of white yarn), one on each side, and double stitched the stitches up top, while only single stitching the bottom row.
I'm pretty happy with the results, it's definitely a technique to use in the future.
And voila, Stella.
She wasn't quite finished when I gave her. I tried a bunch of different eyes, but none of them seemed to work, and I didn't get around to making the white strip down her nose. Hopefully I'll figure out the eye thing sometime soon. Maybe Stella will grace us with a side by side shot with mini Stella!
That's it for now guys. I'll have another post up soon, hopefully... if the final Sherlock episode doesn't kill me inside.
Until next time, take care!