Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The world in the palm of my hands!

I'm a giant nerd.

So, naturally, I lept at the chance to crochet a globe for a secret valentine's day present (a week-late secret valentine's anyway). In my head, this project was going to work out perfectly.



Really, it was going to be great!




But, by the time it was all over, I was cursing tiny island countries, Argentina's cape had ripped off, and I had a much greater sense of appreciation for early cartographers than I ever believed possible. BUT... I did it.



A brief comparison of Saudi Arabia and Madagascar shows how completely inaccurate this globe ended up being haha

To anyone attempting this project, I'd suggest tracing the countries' outlines off a globe (NOT a map), keeping a bunch of pins on hand to keep the countries in place, and marking the equator somehow (probably with more pins). Good luck!

See you later
Hamallie
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment