Monday, March 25, 2013

A Love Story

Meh hello!

Long time no see... write?

I've been spending my break in a very productive manner... (i.e. freaking out about The Office ending, playing Uncharted, and having staring contests with my cats) BUT I have managed to make a couple of things and today I'd like to share with you... A love story.


Once there was a cheerful asparagus. He had lots of friends and led a happy life.


But, despite everything, the feeling that he was missing something lingered...

until the day he met her


     And then life was perfect


The back story for this project is a little less magical.

My friend has an asparagus stuffy and I figured, for her birthday, I'd make him a spouse.
Annnd, as per usual, this project ended about a month before the year anniversary of the date I was originally supposed to give her her birthday present.


Making Mrs. Asparagus was a really fun project. I sewed together half-spheres for her "hair" and her body is cone-shaped with the dress sewn over it.




Another plus was that I finally got the hang of the sewing detailing that I used for her face (there were a LOT of pins and redos involved).


But it was totally worth it to see these two lovebirds together.

I'll probably have another blog post up sometime during the week and I hope y'all have a good one.


See you later,
Hamallie




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment