Saturday, March 9, 2013

Link!

My brother and I play a lot of video games together, so last year I thought it'd be cool if I made him something to do with one of them. I settled on making him Link, like from "The Phantom Hourglass" and "The Minish Cap"etc. 


Problem is, I'm notorious for getting birthday presents to people wayyy later than I should. So this time I decided to start the project a month in advance. That, I reasoned, would be plenty of time to make Link. And I did end up getting it to him that month... a year later. 

He will never let me live it down. 

Between school, my reluctance to crochet hands (I crocheted about eight different hands for this thing. They all turned out so goofy looking I had to come up with a new way to make them), other projects, and my stellar ability to distract myself (see picture below) this guy kept getting pushed aside. 

He almost looks like fabio...

BUT, I figured I probably shouldn't let another birthday go by so I finally got it together, gave Link a much needed hair cut, and completed the rest of the project in record time. Here's a couple of his glamour shots.



My brother was pleasantly surprised to finally receive his gift. I'd like to say "lesson learned"... but it probably wasn't.

maybe next time...

Until then, see you later
Hamallie


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment